Cuatro Cinco Wins Best Cigar 2016 in the UK
Cuatro Cinco Reserva Especial Doble Robusto was acknowledged as “Cigar of the Year” for 2016 by the prestigious Boisdale Cigar Awards in London. During the evening, sponsored by Snow Queen Vodka, Hollywood actors Kelsey Grammer and Charlie Sheen, as well as BBC star Andrew Neil, were also recognized.
The event celebrates the UK cigar industry with seven Awards presented in different categories:
- Writer/ Journalist of the Year: Nic Wing (who past away in September of this year)
- Retailer of the Year: Simon Jackson, My Smoking Shop
- Lounge/Terrace: The Churchill Lounge at Hyatt Regency Hotel, London
- Producer: Habanos S.A.
- Cigar of the Year: Joya de Nicaragua Cuatro Cinco Reserve Especial Doble Robusto
- Lifetime Achievement: Andrew Neil (BBC political commentator and Editor of Spectator Magazine)
- Smoker of the Year: Kelsey Grammer; runner up Charlie Sheen.
This is a very special award for Joya de Nicaragua as this is the very first Nicaraguan cigar to win UK Cigar of the Year.
The trophy was received by non other than Scott Vines of Tor Imports, our exclusive distributor for the UK: “I was very proud and humbled to collect the UK Cigar of the Year on behalf of Joya de Nicaragua on Monday night. This is a breakthrough moment for Nicaraguan Cigars in the UK and I am delighted that JDN are at the forefront of this revolution due to the support, patience and trust the JDN team have offered the UK and to Tor since we launched in June 2015.”
— Scott Vines (@Tor_Imports) December 13, 2016
— Scott Vines (@Tor_Imports) December 12, 2016
— Nick Hammond (@StrangebrewCopy) December 14, 2016
Joya de Nicaragua cigars and english cigar smokers aren’t strange to one another. Our products were acclaimed in the UK since the early 1970’s up to the mid 1980’s, when Nicaragua’s political and economical situation took a toll on our production and export capacities. However, since 2015, we have successfully resumed our offerings in the UK by the hand of our exclusive distributor TOR Imports. We thank them for their thrive and achieving this great momentum!